Your Rights & Responsibilities
Rights of Participants
While receiving services at PDCRS, you have the right to:
- Give informed consent for service and release of information
- Timely, caring, professional and ethical services. A copy of the agency's Code of Ethics that governs our practices is available upon request.
- Express your opinions, values, and beliefs and have them considered in program development and anything that affects you. This includes the right to express and practice your religious and spiritual beliefs while participating in our services.
- File a complaint if you feel that your rights have not been respected or your concerns are not being addressed. (Click here for the Complaint Form).
- Involve your family or legal guardian in the services you participate in, where appropriate.
- Assistance in accessing other supports in order to meet your needs while participating in our services.
- Have the information we collect as part of the services you participate in kept in a secure, private and confidential manner. This includes the right to access your information in a timely manner.
- Be treated with respect and dignity.This includes freedom from abuse including humiliation, financial or other exploitation, retaliation, neglect, threats, punishment, physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
- Have the basic expectations forparticipation in our services explained to you and the factors that might result in discharge or termination explained to you.
- Have your cultural heritage recognized, respected and responded to, as appropriate to the service in which you are participating.
- Have a healthy and safe environment in which to participate.
- Receive referrals to appropriate services including legal entities and advocacy or self-help services.
While participating in services provided by PDCRS, your responsibilities are to:
- Participate in our services to the best of your ability and follow program expectations
- Notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend
- Where applicable, pay program fees in a timely manner
- Respect the confidentiality of other participants, including information, photos, etc.
- Help us to maintain a healthy and safe environment